Saturday, July 12, 2008

Away from home...

Almost 2 months in Bangalore...

Black cloud...

I lost my purse with some amount of money and my driving license.

A bad bout of viral fever...

For the first week there wasnt a single day when we didnt lose the way.

Pollution...Traffic jams...auto fares...

Silver lining.

I still love the city.

My first job..The sense of being on my own. Though not many responsibilities on my shoulder, but for the first time i feel responsible for myself. Before i never needed to make a choice between good and bad...coz their never existed a bad world.

But now I understand the true meaning of free will.

I month of strenuous training , 10 days of absolute nothingness, and 15 more days of training to go ..At my new job its been almost a roller coaster ride…that would have been the case for any new joinee guess. I never had any particular inclination for software. But there was no aversion too. After college I had different options like trying my chance in BSNL or taking up teaching profession..both would have kept me rooted to cochin….and my father would have been more than happy.

It was not the interest in programming or software that made me join Wipro. It was simply because I wanted to go to Bangalore. Because I like to travel , explore.I wanted to feel how its to be on your own. People told me when I live away from home I will understand the importance and comfort of going to office from home(cochin).I am just 2 months old in Blore. I did have an attack of “I want to go back”. But I have passed that phase. I like it in Bangalore. Don’t know what lies in future. But for now I am okay.

2 comments:

The one who has loved and lost said...

ha nothing like a post from the heart :-)
So original and so refreshing!
nice to know you are liking Bangalore..
that city has an old world charm which is being eaten up by the heartless monster : "development" :-)

Indu David said...

Thanks for my first comment.

hmm.. everything old has to give way to newer things. I hope whatever changes happen, is in the best interest of this city..a city which harbours the hopes and dreams of many.